Thursday, December 12, 2013

Join the Journey


I've decided to give it a go. Again. I have been encouraged by a few people in the congregation I serve to try writing a blog.  I've been hesitant.  I tried a long time ago and did not keep up with it.  I have tried daily journalling which eventually becomes occasional and then non-existent.

This will start as a weekly blog.  If I can keep up with that, maybe it will evolve into more than that.  We'll see.  The benefit of having a congregation motivate me to do this is that I have a congregation to encourage me and hold me accountable.  This could also be seen as a deterrent, but I will choose to see it as positive and hope that I will be encouraged and supported.

Currently, the congregation of St. Paul's United Church in Oakville, ON has been encouraged by its minsters to read all of the New Testament from September 2013 through June 2014.  We will be reading it in the order that some theologians believe it to have been written.  We are following the order as presented in Marcus Borg's book, "Evolution of the Word: The New Testament in the Order the Books Were Written."  Currently, we have read through Paul's letter and ended with his longest letter, written to the Romans.  We are now reading the gospel of Mark.

I expect that this will be excellent material for blogging.  You are invited to join me on this journey.  The daily readings are listed here: http://www.stpaulsoakville.com/daily-bible-reading/.  I hope to hear from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment